Finding the right shoes can be crucial to managing your symptoms if you suffer from posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD). In this post, we’ll look at some of the best shoes for posterior tibial tendon dysfunction and what to keep in mind when choosing footwear.
We’ll also provide tips on ensuring your shoes provide the support you need. So if you’re looking for the best shoes to wear with posterior tibial tendon dysfunction, read on! We’ve put together a list of our top picks, as well as some things to keep in mind when choosing shoes for PTTD.
Top Picks for the Best Shoes for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
Here are our top five picks for the best shoes for posterior tibial tendon dysfunction:
1. Ryka Women’s Devotion XT Sneaker
Ryka Women's Devotion XT Sneaker
- Breathable mesh upper with interior direct attach support system for all her lateral movements. Synthetic overlays with gradient print.
- Ortholite footbed
- Lightweight molded EVA features a full length RE-ZORB drop -in. External RE-ZORB LITE pod network between midsole and outsole.
- Eight Piece radiuses skeletal rubber works simultaneously with the RE-ZORB LITE midsole and pivot point + flex grooves under the ball of the foot.
If you’re looking for a shoe that can keep up with your toughest workouts and hardest classes, look no further than the Ryka Women’s Devotion XT Sneaker. This sneaker is designed for sports agility and cross-training and can handle anything you throw at it. In addition, this shoe is built to last with a rubber sole and high-intensity construction. And because it’s from Ryka, you know it’s backed by a brand that understands the needs of active women.
This sneaker is designed with RE-ZORB responsive cushioning for shock absorption and impact protection, making it perfect for any activity. Plus, it’s designed specifically for a woman’s unique foot shape with a narrower heel, roomier toe, and softer foot cushioning. So you can be sure that your feet will always feel comfortable, no matter what you do. And with its trendy design, the Ryka Women’s Devotion XT Sneaker is sure to become your new go-to shoe.
The breathable engineered mesh and soft Lycra-lined tongue and collar provide a comfortable fit, while the built-in cushioning provides superior comfort. The durable eight-piece rubber sole with flex grooves and Pivot Point technology provides increased traction and smooth, easy turns. This sneaker is also suitable for people suffering from posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. So if you want to a versatile sneaker that can keep up with your active lifestyle, the Ryka Women’s Devotion XT Sneaker is a great choice.
- Suitable for people suffering from posterior tibial tendon dysfunction
- Narrower heel and roomier toe for a comfortable fit
- RE-ZORB cushioning for shock absorption and impact protection
- Breathable mesh upper for a comfortable fit
- Pivot Point technology for increased traction and smooth turns
- Eight-piece rubber sole for durability and flexibility
- Not waterproof
2. PUMA Women’s Prowl Slip-on Sneaker
PUMA Women's Prowl Slip On Sneaker, Black White, 9 M US
$55.38 in stock
- Run-train Performance Sneaker
Introducing the PUMA Women’s Prowl Slip-on Sneaker, the perfect shoe for those suffering from posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. This 100% rubber sneaker features a synthetic sole that is specially designed to provide support and comfort to those with this condition. In addition, the slip-on design makes it easy to put on and take off, and the versatile style can be worn with any outfit.
This sleek and versatile shoe is perfect for everything from a morning jog to a casual afternoon walk. The lightweight and flexible design is ideal for quick and agile movements, while the easy sock-like construction ensures all-day comfort. Plus, the Prowl Slip-On looks great with everything from jeans to leggings, making it a must-have shoe for any fashion-savvy woman on the go.
These sneakers feature SOFTFOAM+ technology in the footbed for holistic, full-foot comfort that will keep you going no matter how tough your workout is. Additionally, zoned rubber traction pods provide stability and light training support so you can feel confident with every step. Plus, with a sleek design, these sneakers will add a touch of style to any outfit. So whether you’re running errands or working out, the PUMA Women’s Prowl Slip-on Sneaker is perfect for any activity.
- Easy to put on and take off
- Features SOFTFOAM+ technology for full-foot comfort
- Zoned rubber traction pods provide stability and support
- Sleek design that goes with any outfit
- Lightweight and flexible
- Ideal for those suffering from posterior tibial tendon dysfunction
- Not enough Arch support
3. Bloch Women’s Boost DRT Suede Split Shoe
Bloch womens Boost Drt Suede and Mesh Split Sole Dance Shoe, Pink, 7.5 US
- Split, non-marking outsole sneaker made on a high arch last with lightweight high performance materials
- Built in arch support and elevation to accentuate the arch
- Lightweight midsole provides maximum cushioning combined with a four part high density outsole for enhanced flexibility
- Pivot point allows 360 degree movement
- DRT cushioned heel for maximum shock absorption and comfort
Looking for a shoe that provides the perfect blend of style and comfort? Look no further than the Bloch Women’s Boost DRT Suede Split Shoe. This 100% leather and the textile shoe is imported and features a polyurethane sole. The heel measures approximately 1 1/4″, while the platform measures approximately 3/4″. The shoe is also suitable for people suffering from posterior tibial tendon dysfunction.
This shoe is made with lightweight, high-performance materials and provides maximum cushioning and flexibility. The built-in arch support and elevation give you the most comfortable fit possible, while the four-part high-density outsole ensures durability and traction. So whether you’re hitting the gym or the pavement, the Boost DRT is perfect for any activity.
This shoe features a pivot point allowing 360-degree movement to dance your heart out without any restrictions. In addition, the DRT cushioned heel provides maximum shock absorption and comfort, while the lightweight artificial midsole with air cushion offers 4PSI of shock absorption. So whether you’re hitting the studio or the stage, this shoe will give you the confidence you need to perform your best.
You’ll love the lightweight P.U. midsole that provides maximum cushioning, combined with the four-part high-density P.U. outsole that offers enhanced flexibility and the perfect amount of slide. Plus, the suede upper gives this shoe a stylish look you’ll love. So whether you’re looking for a fashionable shoe to wear out on the town or a comfortable option for everyday wear, the Bloch Women’s Boost DRT Suede Split Shoe is perfect!
- Perfect blend of style and comfort
- Lightweight and high-performance materials
- Built-in arch support and elevation
- Pivot point allowing 360-degree movement
- DRT cushioned heel for maximum shock absorption
- Suede upper for a stylish look
- Not accurate sizing
4. Capezio Women’s DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker
Capezio Women's DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker
- This shoe's sizing is equivalent to street shoe size
- Flat, boxed toe for toe stands
- Padded Achilles notch for added comfort
- Non-marking PU outsole with built-in patented flex points
- Perforated arch for ventilation and breathability
If you’re looking for a versatile dance sneaker, Look no further than the Capezio Women’s DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker. This sneaker features a split-sole design and built-in flex points that make it ideal for all types of dancing, from ballet to hip-hop. And because it’s made with 100% mesh, it’s lightweight and breathable, so you can stay comfortable even when you’re sweating it out on the dance floor. Plus, the non-marking PU outsole means you won’t have to worry about scuffing up your floors.
The PU nubuck and imitation suede upper that is combined with breathable SBR nylex mesh provide dancers with a shoe that looks great and keeps them cool during performances. The perforated arch for ventilation, padded tongue, collar, and Achilles notch ensure that dancers are comfortable while dancing. In addition, the cushioned, removable EVA footbed provides dancers with the support they need while they’re dancing.
This sneaker is perfect for those who want to improve their footwork and get a little extra support. The sports lace system provides extra support, and the cushioning insole ensures hours of comfortable wear. The sneaker is also suitable for people suffering from posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. So if you’re looking for a high-quality dance sneaker to help you take your performance to the next level, look no further than the Capezio Women’s DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker!
- Split-sole design is versatile for all types of dancing
- Lightweight and breathable 100% mesh upper
- Non-marking PU outsole won’t scuff up floors
- Padded tongue, collar, and Achilles notch for comfort
- Sports lace system provides extra support
- May not be suitable for those with wide feet
5. Ryka Devotion XT Mid-Top Women’s Training
Ryka Devotion XT Mid Top Women's Training
- Support and performance come together for this stylish mid-top training shoe
- Breathable mesh upper with integrated lacing system and ankle strap with hook-and-loop closure
- Heel and midfoot webbing lockdown systems
- Anatomical Precise-Return™ insole
- Lightweight molded EVA midosole features full-length RE-ZORB® drop-in for exceptional cushioning, support, and rebound
Women looking for a versatile and supportive mid-top training shoe will love the Ryka Devotion XT. With its textile and synthetic construction, the Devotion XT is both comfortable and durable, making it ideal for various activities. The shoe also features a synthetic sole that is designed to provide superior traction and support.
This shoe is designed for high-impact workouts and provides superior support and comfort. The low-top design ensures maximum mobility, while the cushioned insole protects your feet from impact. Plus, the breathable mesh upper keeps your feet cool and dry, even during the most strenuous workouts. So whether you’re doing Zumba or Pilates, the Ryka Devotion XT is the perfect shoe for keeping you comfortable and supported.
With exceptional cushioning and a narrower heel, this shoe provides unmatched comfort and support for your workout. Additionally, the roomier toe box allows for natural movement and flexibility, while the softer foot cushioning protects against impact. So whether you’re lifting weights, doing cardio, or just running errands, the Devotion XT is perfect for any activity.
This breathable mesh shoe has a durable faux leather construction that can take on whatever you throw at it. Plus, the padded tongue and collar provide extra cushioning for all-day comfort. In addition, the lace-up front ensures a secure fit, while the sculpted EVA midsole provides superior cushioning and support. And for those women who suffer from posterior tibial tendon dysfunction, the Devotion XT offers the perfect solution with its supportive design.
- Superior support and comfort
- Ideal for high-impact workouts
- Breathable mesh upper
- Padded tongue and collar
- Secure lace-up front
- Not durable enough
What is Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction?
PTTD is a condition that results in pain and swelling along the inside of the ankle and foot. It can be caused by overuse or injury to the posterior tibial tendon, which supports the foot’s arch. If left untreated, PTTD can lead to a complete rupture of the tendon, resulting in a complete arch collapse. In severe cases, surgery may be necessary to correct the problem.
What are the Best Shoes for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction?
Several different shoes can be helpful for people with PTTD. These include
These shoes have a raised inner border and are designed to limit pronation (rolling inward of the foot). This helps to take the stress off of the posterior tibial tendon and can reduce pain and inflammation.
Motion Control Shoes:
These shoes are similar to stability shoes but have a more rigid structure. They are often recommended for people with severe PTTD or those without success with other treatments. In addition, if the tendon is severely damaged, these shoes may be the only way to prevent further damage and deformity.
Custom orthotics are shoe inserts that are designed specifically for your foot. They can help to realign the foot and reduce stress on the posterior tibial tendon. Custom orthotics can be expensive but are often covered by insurance.
There are many different types and brands of shoes available, so it is important to talk to your doctor or physical therapist about which type of shoe is best for you. It is also important to ensure the shoes fit well and provide good support. Once you have the right shoes, wear them as much as possible to help reduce your symptoms.
How Do You Treat Posterior Tibial Tendon Pain?
If you have pain along the inside of your ankle and foot, it may be due to posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD). This condition is also known as adult-acquired flatfoot or “fallen arch.” The posterior tibial tendon attaches from the calf muscle to the bones inside the foot. If your tendon becomes weakened or stretched, the arch of your foot may collapse. This can lead to pain and deformity.
PTTD is a progressive condition, which means it will usually get worse over time. Early diagnosis is important to prevent the condition from progressing and causing further problems. Your doctor will likely start with conservative treatments, such as:
- Resting and icing your foot
- Wearing supportive shoes
- Taking anti-inflammatory medication
- Doing physical therapy exercises to stretch and strengthen the tendon
If these treatments don’t relieve your pain or stop the progression of your condition, you may need surgery.
Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction is a common problem that can be painful and debilitating. If you’re suffering from this condition, choosing the right shoes to help relieve your symptoms is important. The best shoes for posterior tibial tendon dysfunction feature extra support and cushioning to protect your feet.
We recommend Ryka Women’s Devotion XT Sneaker as an option that provides all of the necessary features to keep you comfortable while you heal. Give these shoes a try and see how they help alleviate your pain. We hope that this information has been helpful in your search for the perfect shoe to help with your condition.