Posterior tibial tendonitis is a common cause of pain in the outer part of your shin. It can be caused by overuse, improper footwear, or other factors. We are going to introduce you to the five best running shoes for posterior tibial tendonitis sufferers. These shoes have been highly rated and reviewed by customers who suffer from this condition themselves!
Shoes play a vital role in healing posterior tibial tendonitis. It is very important to find shoes that are specifically designed to offer the best support and cushioning for this area of your foot. And there are a lot of things to consider to find the best running shoes for posterior tibial tendonitis. We will talk about the best shoes for this condition below.
10 Best Running Shoes for Posterior Tibial Tendonitis | FAQs & Reviews
|New Balance Men's Made in US 990 V5 Sneaker
|ASICS Men's Gel-Kayano 27 Running Shoes
|Under Armour Women's Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe
|Nike Men's Air Zoom Structure 22 Running Shoe
|Brooks Men's, Adrenaline GTS 21 Running Shoe
New Balance Men’s Made in US 990 V5 Sneaker
Fit for every day, the New Balance 990v5 Sneaker is iconic and built with comfort in mind. The heritage-style sneaker is made on an original last with premium pigskin and mesh uppers combined to create a running silhouette that looks just as good on the runway as it does while you are out exploring your city.
This classic shoe features a breathable design that allows feet to remain cool all day long. In addition, each pair of this Made In US sneaker includes a rubber molded sole designed specifically for grip in wet or dry conditions
With modern construction and sneaker styling, the New Balance Men’s 990 V5 Sneaker is named for its impressive fit and eye-catching appearance. This no-sew engineered mesh upper offers breathability, so your feet stay cool during long hours of play.
With a super-soft U4icXN comfort insole, you will experience superior cushioning at the ball of the foot. Play hard in these fitness sneakers—designed with state-of-the-art looking to offer an elite level of performance with classic style.
You will have new daily kicks in no time with these runners. The strong rubber outsole is durable, while the molded footbed will keep your feet comfortable.
This New Balance sneaker is meant for all-day wear, so you can enjoy a premium comfort experience that unveils the perfect fit and feel. These running shoes make it easy to accessorize your look in an athletic way and prove that functionally doesn’t have to be boring!
A fresh take on fitness shoes with a design tough enough to withstand any workout routine or casual stroll, the 990 V5 from New Balance fits men’s who don’t want style sacrificed when looking for a good time.
- Design is Amazing
- Very Sturdy
- Good for Wide Feet
- Runs True to Size
- Very Comfortable
- Nice Quality Material
- No Complaints of Heel, Shin or Foot Pain
- Smells bad at the beginning, But it will be solved after a few days of use
New Balance Men's Made in US 990 V5 Sneaker, Grey/Castlerock, 9
- Heritage Style: The 990v5 is an iconic sneaker, built with a pigskin and mesh upper in a classic running silhouette designed to look amazing anywhere from morning run to runway
- Supportive Fit: Venture on, wherever the day takes you, with the New Balance 990v5 lifestyle shoe. An ENCAP midsole combines lightweight foam with a durable polyurethane rim to deliver all-day support
- Helps Protect Ankles: Designed for all-day comfort, these everyday running shoes from New Balance also include dual-density collar foam that offers support and comfort for your ankles
- Built to Last: These New Balance everyday shoes are designed with a durable blown rubber outsole that stands up to daily wear and helps provide comfort in every step
- Made in the USA: Manufactured in the US for over 75 years and representing a limited portion of US sales, New Balance MADE is a premium collection that contains a domestic value of 70% or greater
ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 27 Running Shoes
ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 27 Running Shoes. Bring your personal best to the race with this 10mm heel-to-toe drop performance running shoe that features a new, wider engineered mesh upper for targeted breathability and added comfort.
The GEL pad tamer layer in the forefoot helps reduce friction between the foot and inner liner throughout the stride phase while reducing heat buildup on the inside of the shoe, so feet stay cooler from start to finish.
Designed for runners who need moderate cushioning, this high-performance training shoe is built with a Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System is a new technology that will help you avoid pain on impact.
The cushioning system attenuates shock, reducing the risk of injury to your feet while simultaneously providing support for long-term use! And toe-off phase allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 27 shoes will take you from a leisurely jog to marathon training and beyond. Developed with the FlyteFoam formula, these shoes provide maximum bounce and responsiveness that won’t wear down over time.
This shoe also features the Rubbertec construction for added durability as well as strategically placed rubber grip pads to ensure traction. You’ll be taking your run to new heights thanks to ASICS technology!
If you are looking for performance and styling in one shoe, look no further. Asics Gel-Kayano 27 Running Shoes provides a dynamic DuoMax Support System that enhances stability with reduced weight.
With an engineered mesh upper that improves ventilation, the Multi-directional mesh material also helps to keep moisture out of your shoes. This shoe has got runners covered from top to bottom!
- Durability: The Rubbertec construction on this shoe provides durability and stability
- Comfort: With ASICS technology, you’ll be able to take your run to new heights
- Style: This shoe not only offers performance but style as well!
- Good for diabetic patient
- Small in Size, Check the Sizing chart before buying
ASICS Men's Gel-Kayano 27 Running Shoes, 10, Black/Pure Silver
- Engineered mesh upper:
- AHAR Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- EVA Sockliner: Removable sockliner that provides cushioning performance.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System: This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
Under Armour Women’s Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe
The Charged Assert 8 Ladies Running Shoe is made of durable and lightweight synthetic material for enhanced athletic performance. Unlike human tissue, the polyester mesh overlay increases airflow to keep your foot cool and improves durability so you can avoid injuries like blisters.
The nylon overlay provides superior stability while still remaining light overhead and with a gently profiled sole designed to help dissipate impact from every stride, no matter how long or short. As someone who loves running tough courses myself, I assure you this shoe can take all the punishment you throw at it!
The ultimate running shoe for women who need a balance of flexibility and cushioning is here. Lightweight mesh delivers complete breathability, while 3-color digital print provides you with that fresh new look you want.
It features anatomical overlays in high wear zones for locked-in durability and fit right out of the box; plush sockliner cradles each foot through miles of comfort; EVERUNTM midsoles feature hexagonal-shaped cells that bounce back every time you hit the ground; multi-directional lugs dig into any terrain for confident footing.
The Charged Assert 8 is a running shoe built for all-day runs, from your first lap around the block to marathons. Built with durable leather overlays and an EVA sockliner to minimize irritation and keep you comfortable mile after mile, these kicks will have you cruising back home with a winning attitude.
The Charged Cushioning midsole features compression molded foam so that every step feels like the first one on a soft new rug. Try out our amazing shoes today & let this insole take care of your calves!
- Legendary Nike support
- Comfortably cushioned
- Good to use for workout
- It will help with posterior tibial tendonitis
- Wide fit, not for narrow feet
These are a good choice if you need some cushioning, but they might be best suited to high-volume runners. The Cushion Cut upper and Charged midsole offer plenty of comfort.
Under Armour Women's Charged Assert 9, Black (001)/White, 8 M US
$55.95 in stock
1 used from $51.50
- Lightweight mesh upper with 3-color digital print delivers complete breathability
- Durable leather overlays for stability & that locks in your midfoot
- EVA sockliner provides soft, step-in comfort
- Charged Cushioning midsole uses compression molded foam for ultimate responsiveness & durability
- Solid rubber outsole covers high impact zones for greater durability with less weight
Nike Men’s Running Shoes, Women 2
Get ready to exceed your limits with these Nike Men’s Running Shoes for men. Step into a pair of these trusty kicks constructed with rubber soles, synthetic uppers, and engineered mesh that provides targeted ventilation and support.
This shoe features Dynamic Support technology, so you can rest assured that your steps are smooth, stable, and comfortable from beginning to end. Whether it’s work or play, the sleek styling of this sneaker will keep you looking stylish while helping you maintain an airtight grip during any activity!
These running shoes boast a wide padded ankle area as well as Zoom Air heel pods for foolproof style and comfort anytime soon!
It’s time to train with Nike! When you’re ready for the next step in your running adventure that this gear won’t disappoint you. It is created specifically for people looking to work hard and fast without slowing down; these shoes will let your feet breathe (thanks to partial bootie!) as they keep up with all five of our Zoom Air cushioning units for maximum comfort.
The notches on the tongue make it easy for anyone to get these shoes off quickly – even if they are tightly laced up. And when you’re done training, reward yourself by resting them in their convenient carrying case until the next use! Now go train!
The Duralon blown rubber in the forefoot enhances cushioning, and the synthetic leather exterior is durable yet breathable. The mesh upper enables natural air circulation flow, so your feet feel cool and refreshed during even the longest runs.
- Breathable mesh and synthetic leather upper for comfort
- Durable and breathable material in the forefoot area provides protection from debris while also providing a cushioned landing surface
- Lightweight design that is easy to carry with you on long runs (thanks for carrying case!)
- Stretchy laces that are easy to tighten, and
- Cushioned insole with a raised heel that provides additional support for your arches
- The shoe runs small, so order a half-size larger than your typical running shoes
This is the best choice for long-distance runners who are looking for a shoe that offers great cushioning and stability, as well as good arch support
Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 37 Men's Running Shoe nkBQ9646 002 (10) Black White
- Mens Shoes
- Running Shoes
- Synthetic & Rubber
Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS 21
The Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS 21 is the ultimate high-performance running shoe. With its mesh and synthetic upper, this shoe will make any run feel great. Quick lacing system with a tongue hook and stretch eyelets for an easy on/off while a midfoot saddle wrap offers secure lockdown support, feels as good as it looks.
A task-specific heel counter that provides custom fit stability and protection plus medial-side arch shank at the rear of the shoe redefines comfort outsole design to move fluidly from impact to toe-off for lightweight performance driven by high rebound cushioning that stabilizes your feet powerfully yet comfortably; delivers consistent, reliable stroke no matter the terrain.
It’s hard to find a shoe that is stable, comfortable, and actually does well in both trails and the gym. But with Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21s, you get it all! You have stability combined with comfort, which provides excellent support for people who overpronate or are flat-footed.
If you’re into running on asphalt, this shoe has high-energy cushioning, so your run never feels rough. Plus, they come equipped with a rubber outsole for extra grip, so no matter where you go, this footwear keeps up.
Ideal for mountain trekking or trail running & daily walks around downtown – the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 will do great!
The BioMoGo DNA cushions every footfall and adapts to your every stride, as well as providing a cushion for each step you take. It features engineered mesh that is lightweight and breathable.
This shoe has a 3D Fit Print, which ensures the right amount of support and offers a proven fit without excess bulk. It can help those who suffer from movement issues or injuries. The GUIDE RALLS design keeps your knees stable while providing you with extreme comfort that offers relief to sensitive joints.
A pliable mesh upper also allows runners a greater range of motion without sacrificing support in the arch area.
- Extremely comfortable
- Great for runners with knee issues
- Comfortable arch area
- Breathable material
- A little pricey but worth it for someone who has a chronic issue and can’t find relief anywhere else
As the name implies, this running shoe provides a stable and supportive ride. This is another one of my favorites! The dual-density foam cushioning system offers you comfort and stability while also ensuring flexibility. If you don’t have any problem with the budget, these pair of shoes are the best running shoes for posterior tibial tendonitis.
Men's Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
- MODERNIZED FIT: A streamlined, engineered mesh upper with 3D Fit Print offers the structure and proven fit the Adrenaline is known for-without excess bulk.
- GUIDERAILS HOLISTIC SUPPORT SYSTEM: We've shifted our focus beyond the feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees. GuideRails keep you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check.
Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn Shoes
The Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn Shoes are lightweight and flexible for a total comfort stride, with cushioning throughout the entire footbed. These shoes also have a mesh lining that reduces fatigue by wicking away moisture from sweat-prone areas such as in between toes and around ankles, which provides exceptional breathability perfect for long runs or rough outdoor races where there are lots of exertion!
These comfortable Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn leather sneakers are the perfect footgear for those who need a shoe that will give them more balance so they can just go ahead with their plans. These shoes are durable and attractive enough for any setting with an orthopedic insole and soft leather upper.
The Energy line offers plenty of options for those on their feet all day and young athletes with weightlifting aspirations. Fine-tuning the look to feature a sleek, modern design that doesn’t compromise comfort or support that’s Skechers’ goal when creating new styles. This lace-up sneaker has Shock-absorbing supportive midsoles and a flexible rubber traction outsole for an excellent walk. Slip this shoe on and see its versatility during active times or casual wear when you want a little extra cushioning.
These low tops provide a complete lockdown fit so that they stay securely on your feet throughout every step of your workout routine from walking to sprinting without hindering your mobility. The flex grooves on top of these sneakers enhance natural articulation making it easy to get into any position during workouts when flexibility is key such as squats or lunges.
- Shock-absorbing supportive midsoles
- Flexible rubber traction outsole
- Complete lockdown fit without hindering mobility
- Natural articulation enhances flexibility
- Durable and long-lasting
- Less padding in the insole
Skechers mens Energy Afterburn road running shoes, White/Navy,9.5 2E
- Shock-absorbing supportive midsole
- Flexible rubber traction outsole
- Cushioned comfort insole
- 11/2 inch heel
Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 17 Running Shoe
The Mizuno Men’s Wave Inspire 17 Running Shoe has a bold tone when in use for stuff like Posterior Tibial Tendonitis. By using Energy Foam as their foam material, Mizuno has created the Wave Inspire 17 which is your perfect partner for limitless pursuits on and off the road. The energizing vibes are bound to boost your outlook even if you’re not an athlete!
These Men’s Wave Inspire 17 Running Shoes are made with imported materials making them a top choice for high-performance runners and long-distance aficionados. This broad-footed design offers more room in the back of the shoe as well as additional support through the arch – perfect for those who suffer from posterior tibial tendonitis or plantar fasciitis because they won’t rub against your feet.
With U4ic Midsole allowing for optimal shock reduction, durability, and a superior ride and the innovative design that creates its lightweight, well-cushioned responsiveness, and resilience you will enjoy every step of the way. Finally, putting an end to sore feet from overpronation as well as those aggrieved by plantar fasciitis and shin splints.
Thanks to the Engineered Mesh Upper and aggressive outsole ground contact grooves, the enhanced agility is yours, bringing you to perform at your highest levels. With both breathable mesh for comfort on distances and durable materials for high-performance situations, what more do you need? Gear up with Mizuno today!
- Innovative Design
- Delivers optimal shock reduction
- ULTRA lightweight
- Engineered Mesh Upper for breathability, durability, and responsiveness
- Not wide enough
Mizuno Men's Wave Inspire 17 Running Shoe, India Ink, 12.5
- Enerzy Foam: Mizuno Enerzy Foam is more responsive and has more springy qualities compared to former Running EVA technologies - U4ic and U4icX.
- U4ic Midsole: Delivers optimal shock reduction, durability, and a superior ride. Innovatively light, well cushioned, responsive, and resilient.
- X10 Outsole: Durable carbon rubber that allows for longer wear.
- Fan Wave Plate
- Engineered Mesh Upper: Both breathable and durable for high performance.
Saucony Men’s Hurricane 22
The Saucony Hurricane 22 shoe is the perfect pair for your next adventure. With a new, lightweight mesh-and-synthetic upper and an updated forefoot PWRRUN+, this shoe will take you to the peak of comfort levels. It’s so light you’ll forget you’ve got it on. You’re serious about running but also need stability.
These shoes have got you covered with their built-in platform underfoot that provides just enough cushioning to keep your feet happy during runs up those rugged hills or down challenging streets. Never break into pain over challengingly tough terrain ever again! It is 25% lighter than before, and it gives you a luxurious underfoot feel. This shoe is suitable for people who have Posterior Tibial Tendonitis.
Boost your endurance by giving every step an extra push forward with our rocker-like heel and enhanced toe spring. With enhanced toe spring, the Saucony Hurricane 22 is designed for those training days where it’s a true challenge on every step. Push forward confidently with this shoe that will keep your foot supported and protected during each move up the hill.
They’re custom-engineered to act like a bucket seat that’s wrapped around your feet to provide amazing comfort from every angle! Plus, they come in a variety of different colors so everyone can find their perfect style. Get them now and discover what FORM FIT feels like on your feet while you run today.
- Amazing comfort
- Lightweight Design
- Keep your foot supported and protected
- Enhanced toe spring
- Suitable for people who have Posterior Tibial Tendonitis
- Not durable enough
Saucony Men's Hurricane 23 Running Shoe, Black/Gold, 10.5
- Lightweight PWRRUN+ cushioning provides a luxurious plush feel with enough spring to keep legs feeling fresh.
- The TPU guidance frame works in tandem with the structure of the upper to guide each step without feeling overly restrictive.
- Crafted details—a suede tongue, debossed logos, and reflective stitching—make this shoe look as good as it feels.
- Weight: Men 11.40oz (323g)
Reebok Men’s Classic Leather Harman-Run Sneaker
All your miles will be smooth sailing in this classic Reebok Men’s Harman-Run Sneaker. The leather wrap construction design that sports retro styling to thank for the dedication over the years! The leather upper makes the sneaker luxurious and ageless at the same time, while they have made sure there’s enough space for your toes if you are experiencing posterior tibial tendonitis.
Plus, the designers were kind enough to include features like wide rubber toe bumper cushioning and an OrthoLite TBS footbed with a deep heel cup that cradles the weary feet after hours of pounding pavement or track. The retro low-cut style, combined with soft and breathable materials like synthetic leather instead of canvas, makes these sneakers as comfortable as they are fashionable.
The rubber outsole guarantees a long-lasting shoe that will get you from home to the office or school in comfort. And let’s not forget its iconic logo along with the side profile that is guaranteed to draw attention from people on the go!
- Synthetic leather upper
- Rubber outsole guarantees a long-lasting shoe
- Wide rubber toe bumper cushioning
- OrthoLite TBS footbed with a deep heel cup
- Retro low-cut style
- Comes with soft and breathable materials
- Not quality sole
Reebok mens Classic Harman Run Sneaker, Black/Gum, 10.5 US
$40.95 in stock
- Men's Sneakers with Signature Style: Featuring a comfortable and supportive synthetic upper with a classic leather look, all these men's fashion sneakers are missing is your fierce game face
- Durable and Efficient Support: These stylish sneakers for men feature a die-cut EVA midsole to provide support that lasts many strolls and jogs
- Tennis Shoes with Comfort and Style: These men's tennis shoes feature a low-cut, freestyle design that offers mobility at the ankles so you can keep moving all day long
- Traction in Mind: These shoes feature high abrasion rubber outsoles for durability and traction, so you can move with confidence in every step
- High Performance: Ideal for walking and jogging as well as daily, casual wear, these shoes always look and feel great regardless of where life takes you
ASICS Men’s GT-2000 9
The ASICS Men’s GT-2000 9 Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System – Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
Forefoot and rearfoot construction provide the best possible cushioning system. This product is made with synthetic-and-mesh, imported materials for quality craftsmanship. There are many different colors to choose from.The ASICS GT-2000 9 takes your run to the next level with Flytefoam Technology, which provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, thanks to its organic super fibers.
The GT-2010 9 is also specially designed for those struggling with posterior tibial tendonitis by not only providing a Soft Rides™ Insole that will help relieve their pain, but it also uses an Ortholite sock liner that can hold up to three times its weight in liquid.
The Guidance Line offers decreased surface contact for more responsive cushioning. DuoMax Support System enhances stability and support with an extra layer of cushioning in key areas, and the new subtle split tongue design looks equally as sleek as it feels.
- Soft Rides Insole
- Ortholite sock liner
- Guidance Line
- DuoMax Support System
- Subtle split tongue design
- Not durable enough
ASICS Men's GT-2000 9 Running Shoes, 11, Carrier Grey/Black
- Engineered mesh upper improves breathability:
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- No-sew overlays: Improves support
- FLYTEFOAM Midsole Technology: Our FLYTEFOAM technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- No-sew overlays improve support:
What Is Posterior Tibial Tendonitis?
Posterior tibial tendonitis is a condition in which the back of your foot hurts. It often occurs after years of walking and running on hard surfaces. The pain can be diagnosed with an X-ray or MRI scan, but it’s not always easy to diagnose.
Doctors will usually prescribe rest and ice therapy for about six weeks before going on to other treatments
What Causes Posterior Tibial Tendonitis?
There are many possible causes of posterior tibial tendonitis. A very common cause is overuse from activities like walking and running that place strain on the Achilles’ heel (heel bone). Other causes include stress fractures, infections under the nails, tight calf muscles, bunions in both feet, and more.
Posterior Tibial Tendonitis Treatment
The best treatment for posterior tibial tendonitis is often to rest the foot while it heals on its own. For this reason, doctors will usually prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen or naproxen sodium to reduce inflammation of tendons.
Doctors may also recommend icing the heel area after exercise if symptoms persist. If conservative treatments are unsuccessful in healing your feet within six weeks, you might need surgery to remove any inflamed tissues that may be causing pain.
In extreme cases, a complete rupture can lead to an infection that requires antibiotics and surgical intervention as soon as possible!
What to Do to Prevent Future Posterior Tibial Tendonitis?
To prevent future occurrences of posterior tibial tendonitis, try the following:
- Wear comfortable shoes and socks
- Use a heel pad to cushion your feet while exercising. Be sure it’s made of a soft material that is breathable enough for you to wear all day. You can even use an ice pack wrapped in cotton or gauze if needed
- Avoid running on hard surfaces such as concrete or asphalt when possible
- Try not to walk barefoot often, so you don’t irritate the foot with foreign objects like sand or gravel. If this must happen, make sure your feet are clean before doing so!
- Stretch out tight muscles after walking long distances by rolling them between two hands (or gently pushing against them) until they feel more flexible
- Rest your foot on a pillow or rolled-up towel. This will give you some relief
- Get new shoes from time to time so that the pressure points shift and put less strain on the tendon (a doctor may prescribe custom orthotics)
- Use ice packs to ease the pain if necessary; try icing for 15 minutes every hour
Do not: wear high heels, pointy toes, too tight of shoes/socks, go barefoot often
Avoid These Activities When Possible
Running on hard surfaces such as concrete or asphalt when possible; walking long distances with tight muscles without stretching them out first by rolling them between two hands (or gently pushing against them); getting new shoes only once in a while so that pressure points shift and put less strain on the tendon (a doctor may prescribe custom orthotics).
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Shoes Help Posterior Tibial Tendonitis?
Shoes are only one of the many factors that contribute to tendonitis. Wearing shoes with good arch support, wide toe boxes and cushioned soles can help alleviate some pressure on your posterior tibial tendon.
Is It Safe for Me to Run?
Running is not a recommended activity until you have healed from your injury/surgery; too much strain could aggravate symptoms or lead to rupture if left untreated. If you do choose running as an exercise option, make sure the surface is forgiving (i.e., dirt trail) and take care to stretch out before and after runs – lengthening muscles helps prevent tightness which may cause more pain in the long term. It’s also important not to overdo it. If you’re feeling pain in your tendon, stop running and focus on an activity that’s more gentle on foot, like swimming or cycling.
If I’m Not a Runner, What Other Activities Can Help?
Participating in low-impact activities such as walking, biking, swimming and lightweight training are all great alternatives to provide some exercise while taking pressure off of your injury site without causing further damage!
Running is only one way to alleviate symptoms of PFPS/PTSD; there are many ways to get moving, including biking or participating in water-based exercises if necessary (swimming). The key is doing those things which do not cause increased strain on the affected area.
If you’re struggling with posterior tibial tendonitis, these are your best running shoes for posterior tibial tendonitis. When picking a running shoe to wear for this issue, it’s important that the heel of the shoe have extra cushioning and stability in order to provide relief from pain. You can also try some other remedies like ice packs or taking an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication before going out on the run.