Suffering from ingrown toenails is one of the worse things ever. You will not be able to do anything properly without feeling pain and discomfort. To make things easy for you, you need to find all the right footwear to lessen the pain and discomfort. Socks are one of the things we always have to wear, and that is why you need to find the best socks for ingrown toenails to make it work.
Ingrown toenails need to be treated as soon as possible. However, over time it will turn into an infection and more serious problems. As we said, socks are something that you need to wear every day. Socks can be a great option to deal with the pain of the nail. But finding the right socks can be a tough situation.
There are thousands of socks available in the market for you to purchase. But not all socks will be beneficial for the ingrown nail condition. If the socks are not proper, they can cause more harm to your feet.
That is why to help everyone out, we have done some research on finding the best socks for ingrown toenails. We have compiled the options with all the features, so keep reading ahead to know everything.
Best Socks for Ingrown Toenails
Dickies Men’s Dri-tech Moisture Control Crew Socks
The first product from our list is the Dickies Men’s Dri-tech Moisture Control Crew Socks.
These socks are one of the best and comfortable socks if you have any injuries or any other feet condition to tend to. They are made with cotton, polyester, spandex, and nylon mixture. All these items together work to make the socks very comfortable and durable for you to wear. In addition, they are machine washable, so you can easily wash them and reuse them for a long time.
The material used for these socks is known to be very soft and breathable. The breathability gives the socks great control of the moisture and keeps your feet dry throughout the day. The socks have a design with arch compression support, which will allow you to feel extra comfortable.
The heel and toe area is made to be durable and reinforced to last for a long time. They are available in various colors and always come in six pairs, which give you the option to have multiple socks to wear over time.
- made with durable and breathable fabric
- lots of material mixture to get soft fabric
- moisture control and air flowability
- arch compression support and stability
- available in colors
- some people faced problems washing the socks
Dickies Men's Dri-tech Moisture Control Crew Socks Multipack, Black (6 Pairs), Shoe Size: 6-12
- Soft Breathable Moisture Control Fibers
- Arch Compression Support and Stability
- Ventilation Channels Enhance Air Flow
- Durable Reinforced Heel and Toe
- Fabric content may vary by color
Gold Toe Men’s 656s Cotton Crew Athletic Socks, Multipair
The next pair of socks for you are the Gold Toe Men’s 656s Cotton Crew Athletic Socks, Multipair.
When you look at the description of the socks, you can feel that these socks are made to be high-quality and will surely last for a long time. It is constructed with several materials together: cotton, polyester, nylon, and spandex. These shocks are available in several different colors, and they always come in multipair so that you can use them for a long time and wear them exchanged when you need them.
These socks are made to pull on closure. They are easily machine washable, so you can use the multipair option and wear another new pair when you are washing them. The socks are made with AquaFX moisture control fabric, which will let a lot of fresh air inside the shoes and keep your feet dry and comfortable.
The toe area is made to be reinforced so that it will last for a long time. Not only that, the footbed has to cushion to protect your feet from shock and impact and also provide softness.
- made with cotton, polyester, nylon, and spandex mixture
- has AquaFX moisture control fabric
- reinforced toe for long-lasting
- the footbed has to cushion
- comfortable and durable
- breathable and keep the feet dry
- machine washable
- comes in multipair
- they might be a bit tight
Gold Toe Men's 656s Cotton Crew Athletic Socks, Multipairs, White (12-Pairs), Large
- Fits shoe sizes: 6-12.5
- Made with USA cotton
- AquaFX moisture control keeps feet dry and comfortable
- Reinforced Toe for long lasting durability
- Full cushioned foot and smooth comfort toe seam
Mojo Coolmax Recovery & Performance Sports 20-30 mmHg Compression Socks
If you are looking for high-quality socks for your injury recovery, then these Mojo Coolmax Recovery & Performance Sports 20-30 mmHg Compression Socks will be a great option.
These socks are made with the highest-grade medical compression material. It is the socks you need to use if you are suffering from any injury and need a quick recovery. They will help you by stretching and giving you a comfortable and soft feeling. There is a top band on the socks that will keep them in the right place. Besides these, they have to cushion on the footbed to give you more comfort and provide you protection from shock and impact.
These socks might look thick, but they have enough ventilation options to let fresh air inside the socks and give you the moisture-wicking ability to keep the feet dry and odorless for the time being. In addition, they are available in a variety of colors and is a perfect suit for treating ingrown nail.
- made with high-grade medical compression
- provides protection and recovery speed
- has cushioning on the footbed
- ventilation for providing air
- comfortable and durable
- a lot of people had a problem with fitting
Mojo Compression Socks for Men & Women 20-30 mmHg Black XL A601BL4
- Mojo Compression Socks target a variety of circulatory and lymphatic conditions, such as varicose veins, spider veins, lymphedema, swelling, DVT, venous insufficiency, PTS, and CVI, with 20-30mmHg compression technology, tailored to specific conditions.
- Wearing Mojo Compression Socks can improve circulation, reduce swelling and discomfort, increase energy and stamina, minimize the risk of blood clots, and support tired and achy legs for overall leg and foot health.
- Made of 80% durable Nylon and 20% Lycra Spandex, Mojo Compression Socks offer both comfort and durability while delivering effective compression therapy.
- Available in 6 vibrant color options and sizes ranging from Small to 7X-Large, Mojo Compression Socks provide the ideal fit and stylish design for all body types.
- With over 25 years of experience in the compression garments industry, Mojo Compression is a reliable choice and a market leader for high-quality compression garments at an affordable price point.
Saucony Men’s Multi-Pack Mesh Ventilating Comfort-Fit Performance No-Show Socks
If you are a fan of ankle-length socks, then these Saucony Men’s Multi-Pack Mesh Ventilating Comfort-Fit Performance No-Show Socks are for you.
These socks from Saucony are another amazing pair of socks with high quality and comfort to offer you. They have all the features you need for tending your ingrown toenail. These socks are made with polyester and spandex material, which gives them the quality of durability and high-performance rate. In addition, they are easily machine washable so that you can use them for a long time.
The fabric of these socks is a run dry moisture management fabric, which gives the moisture-wicking ability and keeps your feet dry the whole time. The socks are made with a targeted arch compression that is going to make your feet stable and secure. The arch support also prevents the socks from slipping. The soles of the socks also have cushioning to protect against impact and shock.
- made with polyester and spandex
- machine washable
- has moisture-wicking fabric
- targeting arch compression
- provides support and protection
- cushioned midsole
- the fabric is a bit thin
Saucony Men's Multi-Pack Mesh Ventilating Comfort Fit Performance No-Show Socks, Black Basic (6 Pairs), Shoe Size: 8-12
- Run Dry Moisture Management Provides Superior Moisture Transport with our Ultra Wicking Fibers. So, Whether you're in the Gym or on the Road, your Feet Stay Fresh.
- Airmesh Venting. Mesh Ventilation Construction Creates Maximum Airflow to Keep Your Feet Cool and Dry in any Running Conditions.
- Targeted Arch Compression Engineered with Just the Right Amount of Compression to Keep your Arch Stabile and Secure. Our Arch Support System also Prevents Bunching and Helps Keep Your Sock From Slipping.
- Cushioned Sole. Light Cushioning Provides Impact Protection without taking up too much Space inside your Shoes.
NIKE Performance Cushion Crew Socks
If you love to wear high-end brand shoes, then these NIKE Performance Cushion Crew Socks would be a great choice.
A lot of us love to wear Nike shoes and in this case, wearing Nike socks with Nike shoes is the best. These Nike socks are not only there to provide you with the barrier between the shoes and the feet. These socks are engineered to provide comfort, softness and recover your feet from any injuries.
These socks are made with cotton, nylon, spandex, and polyester, which is the best fabric combination when it comes to socks. They are available in two colors- black and white. These socks are machine washable, and they come in pairs to make your life easy. The heel and the toe area are reinforced to give you better durability and comfort. There is cushioning on the sole that is going to prevent shocks and impact to protect your feet. It also has additional arch support for a secure fit and comfort.
- made with cotton, nylon, spandex, and polyester
- available in two colors
- has cushioning footbed
- machine washable
- comfortable and durable
- reinforced toe and heel
- some people said the socks are poorly threaded
NIKE Unisex Performance Cushion Crew Socks with Band (6 Pairs), Black/White, Large
$23.00 in stock
- Reinforced heel and toe for enhanced durability in high-wear areas
- Rib cuffs for a snug, comfortable fit
- Arch support for a secure fit
Wrangler men’s Riggs Workwear Over the Calf Work Boot Socks
The next socks from our list are the Wrangler men’s Riggs Workwear Over the Calf Work Boot Socks.
These socks are made with cotton, nylon, and spandex. It has all the suitable material for a good sock, and these are surely going to impress you with the performance. If you are suffering from an ingrown toenail, these socks can help you by providing you with comfort and giving you less pressure on the toe for a faster recovery.
These socks are have half cushioning on them to provide extra comfort. In addition, there is arch support on the foot fatigue for those who need a little help on their feet. The heel and toe portions are reinforced, making them have a better fit and last for a long time. These socks are suitable to fit all kinds of shoes. They are machine washable and come in four pairs, so you can wear another pair when washing.
- made with cotton, nylon, and spandex
- can be machine washed
- comes in four pair
- has half cushioning on the footbed
- provides arch support
- comfortable and supportive
- does not have much protection
Wrangler Men's Riggs Workwear Over The Calf Work Boot Socks 4 Pair Pack, White, Large
- Midweight over the calf 14" Leg protection and support for all season wear
- Half cushion foot for extra comfort
- Arch support reduces foot fatigue
- Reinforced heel and toe provide better fit and long lasting sock life
- Wear with work boots and tall boots for all day comfort
Pro-Tec Athletics Arch Pro-Tec – Premium Arch Support for Plantar Fasciitis
As for the last socks from our list of the best socks for ingrown toenails, we are suggesting the Pro-Tec Athletics Arch Pro-Tec – Premium Arch Support for Plantar Fasciitis.
These socks are made initially to deal with plantar fasciitis, but you can also use them to cure your ingrown toenails. These socks are made with neoprene material and have EVA molded pads. This gives you the information that these socks are here to provide you with all the necessary support and good quality you need to have in your socks.
The socks are made to provide compression upward, which is going to provide additional support and stabilize the situation. You can wear these socks during any activities to reduce pain and strain from the arch. Besides, they are made to be breathable, so you will have a good time wearing them for your daily activities while treating your feet.
- made with neoprene
- has EVA molded pad
- provides support and protection
- recovery from plantar fasciitis
- reduces strain from arch
- provides upward compression
- they might not be the best option to treat an ingrown toenail
Pro-Tec Athletics Arch Pro-Tec - Premium Arch Support for Plantar Fasciitis (Pair)
- New premium version includes EVA molded pad for additional support to the medial arch, helping prevent Excessive pronation
- Alleviates conditions of plantar Fasciitis and heel spurs
- Provides upward compression to the arch, supporting and stabilizing the plantar fascia
- Worn during activity to reduce strain to arch
Should You Wear Socks with An Ingrown Toenail?
If you are suffering from an ingrown toenail, wearing shoes and socks can cause a little pain. That is why a lot of people are scared to wear socks when having an ingrown toenail in case it damages the situation more.
But if you have to do some activities for your daily work that requires you to wear socks, you need to find the right one. With the right socks, it is outstanding to wear them. Your socks need to provide space and allow your toes to move freely. It is also better to wear socks that have ventilation.
Do Socks Make Ingrown Toenails Worse?
It is not a surprise that any footwear can cause pain to the ingrown toenail. That is why people always seek footwear that provides support and recovery for an ingrown toenail. Not all socks will make the condition worse, but if you are going to wear tight and ill-fitted socks, that indeed makes your toenail pain worse.
The toenail condition will go down if you wear tight socks that put a lot of pressure on the toe. Not only that, but these socks can also cause ingrown toenails but putting too much pressure on the toes and nails to grow backward.
Can Socks Cause Ingrown Toenails?
As we have just mentioned, ill-fitted and tight footwear can be the reason for you to develop an ingrown toenail. This one is also true for socks. Any socks that do not fit you properly and are too tight for you can be the reason behind why you have an ingrown toenail.
The pressure from the tight socks will make the toenail go backward and hamper the natural growing process, which could develop into an ingrown toenail. Besides, any ill-fitted socks will make your feet feel uncomfortable, and it will allow the shoes to provide pressure and cause the toenail to back inward and make the condition worse.
What Happens If You Leave an Ingrown Toenail Alone?
When you develop an ingrown toenail, your daily routine will undoubtedly be hampered by the pain from it. Ingrown toenail might have a bearable pain, or it could have a sharp, unbearable pain as well. It all depends on how worse the condition is. If you leave the ingrown toenail alone, it could cause the nail to remain the same and grow inward more.
This will cause further infection. And if the infection is not treated, it will spread to the bone and will cause more pain in your feet than you want. Finally, the untreated ingrown toenail will lead you to more significant problems as well.
Can I Cut Out My Ingrown Toenail?
It is always a wise idea to cut the ingrown toenail before it causes infection. If you are not sure how to cut the nail, then it is better to seek help from a professional. But if you want to do it at home, all you need to do is sock the toenail on warm water, push a cotton pad inside the nail, and cut the access nail.
By cutting the nail, you can prevent the nail from hurting your toe and lessen the chances of having an infection. But you need to do the process carefully or seek help from professionals.
How To Choose the Best Socks for Ingrown Toenails?
Buying socks can be tricky when you are buying to treat any foot condition. Socks are necessary items you need to wear daily with your shoes to keep your foot protected. That is why you need to be cautious when buying socks. Buying socks for an ingrown toenail, you need to focus on the following items.
The first thing you need to look out for is the support you are getting from the socks. The socks need to have toe and heel support for you to feel comfortable and allow the ingrown toenail to hurt less until you get it fixed.
The next thing besides support you need in your socks is comfort. Your feet are already hurting, so you can use all the support you can get from your footwear. And your socks need to do that.
The last thing you need to focus on is the cushioning. It is always a better option if the socks have to cushion on the footbed to provide protection from impact and shock.
How Can I Permanently Fix an Ingrown Toenail?
There are ways to fix an ingrown toenail by cutting of the nail or getting surgery.
How Do You Get Rid of an Ingrown Toenail Overnight?
The best way to get rid of the ingrown toenail overnight is by cutting it and taking over-the-counter medicine to reduce pain.
That was all for the best socks for an ingrown toenail. An ingrown toenail is a condition that can be very irritating and painful. One should always deal with the condition as early as possible before it gets infectious. We hope that all the suggestions and recommendations we provide will help you find the right socks to treat your ingrown toenails.