Last updated on June 7th, 2021
The Red Wing 875 boot is an iconic piece of footwear that has been in production for over 70 years. It’s a classic style, but it comes with modern technology and construction techniques that make it more comfortable and durable than ever before. Let’s check out the Red Wing 875 review to see if they’re worth the price tag!
Red Wing 875 Review
Unmistakable MOC Toe:
The Red Wing MOC toe is one of the most iconic features of their boots. It provides a more comfortable fit and added protection, but it also has an aesthetic purpose: to show that these are steel toes! The Red Wings logo on the side means that you’re getting a quality product made in America.
The Red Wing Heritage line of boots uses Goodyear welt construction. This means that the upper is sewn to a flexible, replaceable cork liner. That way, if you ever need new insoles or want to change out your laces, it’s as simple as popping off one piece and sliding in another!
We know how hard these can be on shoes; all that standing up and walking around every day does a number on our feet. But it provides stability without sacrificing comfort with its thick leather heel counter and supportive footbeds. It also has an oil-resistant coating for extra protection.
Full Grain, Oiled Leather:
This boot is made from Red Wing’s famous leather. It means that the full grain of the cowhide has been preserved, so you know it’ll last a long time without any cracking or fading. So even if your boots do get wet and dried again (say after stepping in puddles), they’ll look just like new!
This boot starts with a leather upper that has the grain running through it from start to finish. The material comes from free-range, environmentally sustainable cows, so you know your shoes are suitable for both people and animals alike.
It’s also been oiled at the tannery to give extra water-resistance and added toughness and stability without compromising breathability or suppleness in any way.
The Red Wing logo is still embossed on the metal eyelets. Nickel was chosen because its corrosion resistance provides protection against rust and other corrosive conditions.
Traction Tred Outsole:
This outsole was designed to provide the wearer with a strong grip on wet or dry surfaces. There’s also an added layer of cork for extra protection and insulation from cold ground temperatures.
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
What We Like About the Product: (PROS)
- They are made from 100% premium leather
- The company is one of a few that still do hand stitching on their boots, which really shows they care about quality.
- Waterproof construction
- There is a metal toe guard for protection
- The Red Wings logo is embossed on the metal eyelets
- The design of the boots is awesome
- They are designed for heavy-duty work
What We Didn’t Like About the Product: (CONS)
- They are heavy boots, weighing in at around three pounds a boot. This is likely due to their durable construction and material choice.
- The boots take about three weeks to fully break into and feel comfortable. This can be difficult if you need them immediately, so it’s important that you order ahead of time.
- The boots are priced a little higher than other brands.
Honest Review of Red Wing 875 Boot
If you’re looking for a durable, comfortable, and stylish boot that will last years of wear without breaking down or wearing out, the Red Wing boots make an excellent choice.
Some customers have complained about their lack of flexibility which makes them difficult to take on and off.
It’s important to note that they are heavy-duty work boots not dress shoes! The leather is also very stiff at first so it takes some time before they feel completely comfortable walking around all day long.
- These won’t be as great for those with flat feet or high arches when compared to more traditional footwear. If you bide your time and give them a few weeks to break-in, the Red Wings will end up being one of the most comfortable boots you’ve ever put on.
- The Red Wing Company is known for their warranty that they offer with every pair of shoes or boots purchased from them. You can send back any footwear within two years for repair or replacement! They have also been around since 1877, so this company knows what they’re doing when it comes to making quality products!
- Style No. 875
- Care Tips: Light Cleaning:Use warm water and a soft bristle brush to remove stuck-on dirt. Then use a clean, dry cloth to wipe away any remaining excess dirt. Proper conditioning helps preserve the finish and life of your footwear.
- Leather- Oro Legacy Leather
- Outsole - Traction Tred Cushion Crepe Wedge
- Leather- Copper Rough & Tough Leather
To summarize: The Redwing boot’s tread pattern makes it perfect as an everyday work shoe because of its slip resistance while still maintaining enough grip to minimize accidents during slippery conditions.
It has a very solid construction which means that there are no creases or folds in the leather which will give you a sturdy yet flexible sole that won’t wear out as quickly, and it is designed to last.
The Redwings also have great arch support because of their thicker insole liner and heel cups with more padding than other boots on the market today.
If your job entails standing for long periods of time or being on your feet constantly, then this boot would be perfect for those needs too! It offers unparalleled comfort that most work shoes do not offer. And if you’re going to invest in something like a solid pair of safety toe boots these are definitely worth considering- especially since they come from one company that has been around longer than many shoe companies today!
If you’re looking for a work shoe that is going to last and provide the comfort your feet need, Red Wing 875 boot is an excellent option. And with their many different styles, they have something for everyone!
Certain items like Red Wings can be expensive but when it comes down to quality of life- these might just be worth every penny. I think this Red Wing 875 Review will help you to come to a decision.