How to Make Shoes Smaller Without Insoles
The insole is an important footwear element that is supposed to be present in all types of shoes. It serves as a cushion between the feet and the upper part of a shoe, providing comfort and preventing damage to the structure of foot bones.
The insole also reduces the overall weight of footwear. The insole is made from different materials: natural cork, rubber, leather or felt. The best solution for those with problems with their insoles is custom ones, made individually for each customer by order. At least they should change them monthly, depending on how often you wear your shoes.
Unfortunately, some people use new insoles every day- it’s not healthy because there always remains sweat and dirt on them after usage. In this article, I will discuss how to make shoes smaller without insoles. So let us get started.
In this article, I will discuss how to make shoes smaller without insoles. The insole is an important footwear element that is supposed to be present in all types of shoes.
A Detailed Stepwsie Guide on How to Make Shoes Smaller Without Insoles
1. Bring the shoes and insoles to a shoemaker and ask him if he can reduce it by 1/2 of the current size of your feet. (He will charge you accordingly)
2. If he had said yes, make an appointment again with him for another week after three days of the trial period (Save up money although it would be worth it).
3. When that day arrives, bring your shoes and insoles again, then tell him that you want them smaller than before but this time by 1/4th of their original size (he will charge you more). But, again, be sure to give him the new measurements beforehand (he may think that you’re getting too small).
4. After those three days, bring your shoes and insoles again, then tell him that you want them smaller than before, but this time by 1/8th of their original size (he will charge you a lot more).
5. After those three days, bring your shoes and insoles again, then tell him that you want them to fit your feet precisely the way they are now. He will have no option but to lessen the rest of his fees because he already did four times from nothing to 1/4th, from 1/4th to 1/8th, from 1/8th to nothing, so he would be able to do it for the last time with no extra charges (he would’ve made a lot of money out of you anyway).
6. When that day arrives, bring your shoes and tell him that you’d love to have a 1/4th of the original size, then a shoemaker will just cut off 1/4th from its original size without needing an extra charge.
7. When that day arrives, bring your shoes again and ask him if he can make them have an average foot size so he will add some more leather or other materials in between the already existing ones to add another 1/2-1 inch from nothing to its current size (he would be dying to do it).
8. Repeat steps 5-7 until you’re satisfied with not only the said shoe but also with the shoes’ overall appearance, which might look funny at first because they might still look huge, but you’ll get the right size in the end.
9. When that day arrives, bring your shoes and ask him if he can make them a little smaller than their current size because you still have room in your budget to buy an extra pair of new shoes (he will be greatly relieved).
10. When that day comes, give him a good review and tell your friends to go there too!!!
Precautions While Making Shoes SMaller Without Insoles
- Make sure that you take accurate measurements of your feet while the shoes are on. If you do not take precise measurements, it is possible that the end product would be uncomfortable for wearing. Moreover, precise measurements will ensure proper fittings.
- The hardest part of making shoes smaller without insoles is making them thinner at the football (ball pocket). The same applies to thickening other areas like toe pockets or heels. You should avoid using different materials like cotton or paper pulp to take spongy thickness away and absorb moisture if you want to thicken a sole to increase its size.
- Some people use heat guns and ovens to melt rubber soles into shape, but if not done properly, this method can cause the soles to bend or even melt in some cases.
- It would help if you did not use heat guns or ovens for reducing shoe size because it involves melting the rubber soles, which you cannot do without ruining your shoes.
- You cannot use adhesives or solvents to make the shoe fit your feet.
- Also, your shoes should not have leather uppers if you try to make them smaller without insoles. They can stretch with wear and make the end product uncomfortable for wearing.
Can Blow Drier Be Used to Make Shoes Smaller?
Yes, a blow dryer can be used to make shoes smaller. The idea is basically to use the heat from the blow dryer to enlarge the type of material in your shoe, allowing them to become a little bit bigger or looser. This will give you enough extra room for comfort and movement without having to purchase new shoes.
The process is done in about an hour and is relatively easy. All you need is a tube sock, a pair of thick socks, a blow dryer, and a hair elastic band. Here are some steps that show you how to tighten shoes using this method:
Steps: – Take off the shoes that you want to make bigger- Put on your thickest socks possible- Get another pair of thick socks and put them on your feet- Pull your hair elastic band up around the top of both of your socks so that it is tight enough not to slip off or fall- Get your blow dryer and turn it on the hottest setting possible.
Be careful not to burn yourself while doing this process- Place the tip of the blow dryer just inside one shoe near where the toe box is located for about 30 seconds or until you can smell a burnt scent coming from your shoe.- Repeat step 4 with another shoe
It’s important to remember that while this method does work, you will need to keep following this process to hold. Some people like using Vaseline, which can help make these shoes tighter. We recommend this method because it has worked perfectly fine for our readers in the past.
You can also use a blow dryer on your hands to make them smaller as well. The blow dryer works by adding elasticity to the material, allowing you to stretch them out just enough so that they are perfect for you!
I hope by now you have a clear idea of how to make shoes smaller without insoles. Thank you and have a nice day!