If you have wide feet, then you know how difficult it can be to find sneakers that are comfortable. Even if the sneaker fits your foot in length, there is a good chance that they will still feel tight because of how narrow they are. Luckily, there are some things you can do at home to stretch them! So how to stretch sneakers for wide feet? Let’s follow our methods:
5 Methods on How to Stretch Sneakers for Wide Feet
Invest in a Shoe Stretcher
It’s a great way to stretch your sneakers by investing in shoe stretchers. Let me show you how it works! for wide feet. You can find a shoe stretcher almost anywhere, including your local pharmacy or department stores like Target and Wal-Mart.
Since I wear sneakers with a wide fit, it became a problem when my feet started to rub against the inside of the shoe. After some research, I found out that there was an easy way to stretch my shoes without spending too much money – and all you need is something as simple as a shoe stretcher!
Don’t Waste Your Money on Expensive Solutions
The best thing about using this product is that they’re relatively inexpensive (ranging from $20-$100), so don’t waste your time putting up with expensive solutions if you can find an affordable one instead.
They also come in different shapes and sizes depending on which part of the body they are intended for. You’ll have no trouble finding what works for you!
How to Stretch Your Shoes With a Shoe Stretcher
This narrow nozzle helps the bleach to reach the thin and congested place where the conventional cleaning products cannot reach. They are quite effective for the stitching of your sole. The stitching line of your sole is hard to reach. After cleaning and polishing your shoe, you would still see the dirty stitch line in your shoe.
- Place the shoe stretcher in an area with a flat surface, such as on top of a table or desk.
- Open up your shoes and insert them onto the stretchers so that they are sitting snugly against the device. If you’d like to open up even more space for your feet, feel free to push down on the front part of each side of the shoe until it reaches its fullest extent. Don’t worry about making any marks – this won’t affect how well they stretch!
- Once both sides have reached their maximum length, tighten one side while holding firmly onto the other at all times (to ensure that no movement occurs). Repeat on the opposite end. You may also want to turn over your shoes after tightening one side to make sure the stretcher has been applied evenly.
- Check for how far out you would like your shoe’s tongue extended and push it in that direction with a towel or other soft object.
- Leave on overnight – many people find this process takes about 12 hours, but feel free to leave them on as long as necessary!
Use an Ice Pack to Stretch the Sneaker
Using an ice pack to stretch the sneaker is one of our favorite methods.
How to Stretch Your Shoes With an Ice Pack
Put your shoes on and fill them with water so they are filled to the point of having a little bit of overflow at the top. Seal it off by taping tightly all around, then put it in an ice pack for 24 hours.The ice will act as a cooling agent to make any elasticity more pliable while also helping keep things cold within the shoe itself. Once you take them out, hang up your sneakers and wear them like normal until they stretch enough that they’ll no longer feel tight or uncomfortable!We recommend this method because it will last the longest without needing to be repeated.With all of these methods, you should expect them to take time and consistency before seeing any results. The more often you do stretches with your sneakers on, the sooner they’ll stretch out enough!Some people may experience pain as a result of stretching their shoes in different ways. Make sure that if something feels wrong while wearing or after doing a stretch, then stop what you are doing and consult a doctor for further instructions. You don’t want anything major happening during an otherwise simple process like this one.”
Place Tennis Balls Inside of Your Sneakers to Stretch It
You can help sneakers stretch out faster by putting tennis balls inside them overnight. This will loosen up the material and make them more flexible to wear.
- Place a tennis ball inside of your sneaker.
- Wrap it with duct tape or elastic bands to hold the ball snugly in place.
- Alternate between wearing and loosening your sneakers for two days, keep doing this until you are satisfied with how stretched out they are.
*Do not put anything but a tennis ball into them! This is important because other objects will be hard on the material, ripping it up over time.*
We hope these tips were helpful! If so make sure to share them with friends and family who need help stretching their shoes too.
Use Thick Socks
ou can prevent rubbing by wearing the right socks. Get a pair that has a thick material on top to protect your skin from blisters and irritation. It’ll give your feet room to wiggle and allow the shoe’s material to stretch.
- Run Shoes Inside Out: If you want more space in a running shoe, try turning it inside out before putting on the sock. That way, there will be an extra half inch of fabric between the toes for any swelling that happens during exercise.
- Use Rubber Bands: Put rubber bands around both sides of the tongue near where they attach at the front or back of the heel area. This is usually how we use them when making flip flops so it’ll work well with sneakers too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Stretch Sneakers to Make Them Wider?
It is not possible to stretch your sneakers because it is not a material that can be stretched. If you are looking for something to stretch, you should consider buying some shoes with a fabric that has elasticity, like spandex or Lycra.
Will Sneakers Stretch Out?
Yes, but it depends on the type of sneaker. Some sneakers can stretch out after a few wears, and some cannot. The best way to tell is by looking at the shoe’s design. It is not likely to stretch out if it has a one-piece upper with a rubber sole that wraps around it. On the other hand, if you have separate pieces such as mesh and foam or leather and suede that are sewn together, they will eventually stretch out.
Can You Stretch Trainers Half a Size?
Stretch trainers are made to stretch. They are not designed to be worn in half size. If you find that the trainer is too tight, then it may be time for you to switch to a different style of shoe.
What Shoes to Wear if You Have Wide Feet?
If you have wide feet, we recommend buying shoes that are a bit wider than your normal size. One example of this is going for a half-size up if you have wide feet.
When it comes to stretching sneakers, you have a few options. The easiest option is probably the shoe stretcher; however, this can be difficult as it will require some time and patience before your shoes are ready for wear again.
You could also try sliding them on off of your feet every day while wearing socks or sneakers until they stretch out enough. If all else fails, then consider buying new sneakers in a larger size that won’t need as much breaking in after purchase! I think I could properly discuss on How to Stretch Sneakers for Wide Feet. if you have a question leave a comment below.