Last updated on September 15th, 2021
Hey Dude Shoes have a few little quirks about them. They are mostly awesome, but almost every year we get at least two pairs returned because they’re too tight in the toes. So here’s a quick way to make your Hey Dudess fit perfectly! This article will show you how to tighten hey dude shoes to make your life easier.
Things You’ll Need
- Hey Dude Shoes
- Leather Alternative Soles (they’re optional but recommended)
- Shoe Laces
- A Good pair of Scissors
- A Sewing Needle and Thread
Directions: How to Tighten Hey Dude Shoes
Cut the excess off the ends of your laces. I recommend you cut them all to about five inches long because it’s much easier than trying to make them even.
Pinch the end of your laces together so that it’s easier to tie a knot, and then tie a double knot. You don’t want your shoes coming untied because it can be uncomfortable for you and it could lead to an accident.
Put the laces through the first hole, then pull all of the excess lace so that it’s tightly against your foot. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until you’ve reached the last hole.
Make sure that there are no loops hanging out over the top or sides of your shoe because these will rub against your feet uncomfortably when you walk around in them a lot.
Now you’re ready to go! Just make sure not to wear them too tight, otherwise they won’t feel very good after a while. You might want to wear an extra pair of socks, too.
Tips To Make Your Hey Dudess Shoes Fit Perfectly
- When you first get your shoes, try them on in the morning when your feet are slightly swollen. We will go through this again at the end of each fitting period so that you can see the difference and understand their importance.
- Wear clean socks that are not too thick or thin, because this may affect how much space is left around your feet.
- Be sure that the shoes are made of leather or a material that will stretch in time and not break down too soon, or be sure to buy a good pair of shoes with allowance for some wear and tear.
- Put on your Hey Dude shoe like any other shoe you wear, and then tie them as tight as possible. The shoe should not fit so tight that your foot aches or becomes numb after walking, but tight enough to make you feel uncomfortable. You can ease out of the discomfort once you get used to tying them tighter.
- Tie and untie them a few times in order for the shoe to adjust to your foot and tighten more than normal.
- In order to get the right fit it is important to use the last hole allow on each lace so that you can keep them tight as much as possible.
- If you are using a pair of shoe laces, like the type used on athletic sneakers or gym shoes, keep in mind that these laces will deteriorate faster than normal shoe laces because they are made of cotton material, which is less durable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Hey Dudes Supposed to Fit Loose?
That depends on the shoe’s condition. When a Hey Dude is brand new, or has never been outside before, the shoe will naturally fit looser because there isn’t any dirt buildup. As you wear your shoes and get them dirty they will then become more snug fitting for better traction.
What if My Shoes Won’t Stay Snugged?
If you want your shoes to stay snugged, then you might have 2 options. You can either take the sole of the shoe and beat it on something hard like a rock or road. This will cause the sole to recess somewhat and grip better onto your foot. Another option is that if there’s still good grip from your cleats, you could try putting tape where they’re worn down (on top of existing flats). That way when you wear through them once again, they’ll be right where they need to be.
How to Wash Hey Dude Slip On Shoes?
You can wash the shoes by using a small amount of dish soap and warm water. Make sure you do not get the faucet or handle wet as this may cause rusting. Soak completely in soapy water for about 10 minutes, then remove from the sink and squeeze out excess water with your hands. Allow to air dry until no longer damp before putting on again.
Are Hey Dude Shoes Good for Your Feet?
The shoes are very comfortable, and they do not limit movement at all. Many people like wearing them as casual shoes too because of their style and comfort level. If taken care of properly, they can be a good shoe for your feet. Hey Dudes were built with hard rubber soles which provide plenty of support to the foot while also giving protection from many types of terrain. There are two major factors that determine how well shoes fit. First is the individual’s unique foot type and size. The second factor would be how you take care of them and adjust accordingly.
Why are Hey Dudes Called Slip On Shoes?
The shoes only have shoelaces in the front which allows for easy removal and tighter fit around the ankle. You can easily slip them on by bending your foot sideways to start. After that you can just pull the tongue over until it’s tight enough for you then put pressure from your heel and roll forward until they’re completely on. It should take no more than 3 seconds to get them on!
How to Put in Hey Dude Laces?
The laces can be difficult to put in if you don’t know what to do. Here’s how you should do it. First, take the lace and make a loop at one end by pulling through the hole, then pull out enough slack so that the loop is about two inches long. Next, push the loop onto an opening on the side of the shoe near your toes until you feel that it’s secure there. Then take hold of both ends of the shoelace and begin feeding them through all of the eyelets going towards the front straps. Pull till they reach where there is no more slack left then tie a knot in each end with a swift tug.
Hey Dude shoes are made to last, but they can loosen over time. If you’ve noticed that your pair of Hey Dudes have loosened in the past few weeks or months and want some tips on how to tighten hey dude shoes again, here are a few things you should try! First, inspect the shoe for any signs of wear or damage that could be causing it to stretch out too quickly.
Next, if there is nothing wrong with the shoe itself, then make sure they fit snugly around your ankle by measuring both feet and using a ruler. Once you’ve tightened enough they should be snug around your ankle, but not too tight that it cuts off circulation or causes pain. To loosen them just do the same thing in reverse! We hope this article has been helpful for you. If you have any query regarding this topic then feel free to comment below!