How to Get an Arch in Your Feet
Flat feet are now a common problem of many Americans, and right now, 1 in 10 peoples are a victim to it. Flat feet are usually known as collapsed or fallen arches. However, there are several reasons behind this unique foot condition. The reasons include obesity, arthritis, injuries, arthritis, and more. Pregnancy, aging, and genetics are can also lead you to flat feet. When this flat foot occurs, you will feel more pain and greater impact than ordinary peoples. So, before things get out of control, you need to find out how to get an arch in your feet.
Your feet are the most important part of your body. And that’s why it is crucial to take proper care of them. If you somehow fall victim to flat feet, your entire life cycle will change. The painful impacts won’t let you do your regular works properly and often make you suffer a lot. That’s why you need to take proper steps to prevent this issue. Don’t worry; even if you have already become a victim of the flat feet issue, you can prevent them with some simple and easy exercises. So, let’s have a look at them!
How to Get an Arch in Your Feet
Treating a flat foot is also helpful for your entire body. It can bring your entire body into proper alignment and help you to correct the issues. So, these exercises will not only help you to get an arch, but they will also rebuild your tissues. Great, isn’t it?
1. Heel Stretches
Well, this is one of the most effective exercises to grow your arch. You can do this in your home by following these simple steps:
- Select a chair, a railing, or a wall and stand with your hand on them. Make sure to do this at your shoulder or eye level.
- Bring one leg forward while extending the other leg behind you.
- Now, give both of your legs a firm press into the floor.
- Make sure to keep your spine straight and bend your front leg. At this position, push yourself into the wall or support so that you feel a stretch in your back leg.
- Okay, now stay in this position for 30 seconds and continue this four times for each side.
2. Golf/tennis Rolls
Yes, a simple tennis or golf ball can help you get an arch. Just follow the steps below:
- Simply sit on a chair and put a tennis or golf ball under the right foot.
- Make sure to maintain a straight spine during this time. Roll the ball under your feet while paying full attention to the arch.
- Continue this process for 2-3 minutes, and after that, forward the ball to the other foot.
3. Calf Raises
- Lift your heels as high as possible while standing on the ground or a high place
- If you need additional support, you can use a chair or the wall for this.
- Hold yourself up for 5 seconds and once you complete that, go down to the floor.
- Make sure to do this 2-3 sets at least where 15-20 repetitions should be included.
- After that, hold the upper position and then continue the pulse-up process for 30 seconds
4. Towel Curls
This is very easy.
- First of all, sit on a chair and keep a towel under your feet.
- Now, use your toes to scrunch up the towel. Make sure to root your heels while you are curling your toes.
- Now, press your toes firmly.
- Continue this process for few seconds. And after that, release it.
- While you are doing this, make sure to keep your foot’s ball pressed right on the floor or that towel you have used.
- Do at least 2-3 sets where each set should include 10-15 repetitions.
5. Toe Raises
There several variations of this exercise. You can select your preferred one.
- Stand on your feet and press your right big toe and then try to lift up your other four toes
- Then use your four toes to lift up your other toes.
- Hold yourself in this position for 5 seconds and do this 5-10 times
- Once you complete this, do the same on your left foot.
Perform the above exercises accordingly, and you will feel the difference within a short time. Hopefully, you have learned how to get an arch in your feet.
You may read also - Are Fitflops Good for Flat Feet