Last updated on June 12th, 2021
Flip flop sandals are the most prevalent foot ware nowadays. As it’s easy to use people love to use flip-flops for being relaxed on a hot summer day. These sandals are simply made with a flat sole and a “V” shaped rubber strap. Flip flops can be made with different types of materials like plastics, scratches, or with cheap rubber, in inexpensive ways. In this article, we are going to guide you on how to make flip flops from scratch.
Flip flops are casual sandals that come in various types of colors. For which, it is the first choice for most of the people as a beachwear or house wear. These are the comfy sandals which can make you feel relax. And nothing is more pleasant than a relaxed and enjoyable step.
Materials You Need Before Making Your Flip Flop:
You can make your flip flop sandals with some simple, handy way. Even, you can use unique designs and colors for making them more attractive that suits your personality. For making a good pair of flip-flop sandals of your own firstly, you need these materials:
1. Sheets of Foam (4*2)2. A pencil or pen3. A scissor 4. A glue gun5. A roll of ribbon and then just follow the steps
Methods of How to Make Flip Flops From Scratch
- Take 4 sheets and place it into two sets.
- Then place another shoe’s sole for making an exact pattern of the shoe or sandal.
- Use the pencil or pen to mark up the pattern.
- Now, cut out the whole pattern carefully.
- For making another sole pattern, flip over the new shaped sole pattern.
- Repeat the process and cut out another pattern.
- Confirm that you have two patterns for your left and right foot.
- Continue the process and make another 3 layers.
- With a total of four layers, your soles will be three layers thick.
- Now, use a permanent glue which is suitable for foams.
- Glue all the six layers of two soles properly.
- Trim extra edges from the sole to give them a perfect look.
- Measure the location of straps from a sandal to provide your new belts the ideal place. Then mark it up.
- Using the same method measure and mark up for the straps that are used in the downside of your sandals.
- After that, push the ribbons through holes and glue them from both sides.
- Cut the extra straps to adjust.
- Make sure you have glued all the straps that you have inserted form the holes.
- Now, complete the steps by sticking the final piece of sole with it.
Thus, your cheap, beautiful, handmade flip flop sandal is ready to use.
Some Wrong Sides of a Flip Flop Shoes
Flip flops are easy to use, but it doesn’t offer you any support to the feet. Which can cause you different types of foot issues in the future. Wearing flip flop sandal being flat-footed, will be unpleasant. As the flat construction of the shoe can’t create any arch support, the person with flat feet will feel much pain while walking. This type of sandal is also the root cause of knee pain and arch pain. So, make sure you are not, and you will not use them for a regular walk before buying them or making a flip flop sandal of your own.
Flip flop is a kind of shoes, which are fun to use. It can be found in all sizes and different types of colors. The main reasons for the popularity of a flip flop shoe or sandal are their comfortable and easy to use design. The most significant part of a flip flop sandal is that it can be made in your home in simple ways and you can give them a unique look as you want. The handmade flip flops can be made in both expensive and inexpensive methods. It depends on the materials you are using. Which is suitable for you and compatible with your personality.
You can also read: