The shoe stores have a vast collection of running shoes. This massive collection of shoes makes us confused, and it is tough to choose the running shoes that will fit us perfectly. I will give some useful and impactful tips, that will help you how to choose running shoes for beginners.
Some Basic Tips How to Choose Running Shoes for Beginners
Don’t count the colorful design of the shoes. Select your pair of running shoe, which is fit for you.
Don’t need to be so concerned about the size on the label of shoes. Select the size which fits with you, even it is half or full size over from your normal size.
That different brand has their own size measurement style. You always used to wear 42 size of shoes, but for the own measurement style of the brand maybe these 42 sizes could be looser fit for you. So, the best idea is, start with your usual sizing but try all the available size of the specific shoe.
Best running shoes vary from person to person. The recommended best shoe could be totally unfit for you, and it could be the wrong choice for your gait and shape.
Try with different types of shoes to find a stable shoe with high control. This high control featured shoe will manage the motion of shoe.
Price is not the first priority to choose the appropriate running shoes. It doesn’t make any sense that, the expensive shoe will be fit for your foot or lower price shoe is not good compare to the expensive one. Select the shoe which matches with your budget and fits your foot.
3 Technical Analysis to Select The Appropriate Running Shoe
To pick the right running shoes, we have to know some technical facts about running shoes. Every shoe has three parts, such as the upper part of the shoe, midsole, and outsole. Having a proper technical knowledge will help you to pick the appropriate running shoe.
Upperparts of the running shoe
There are different types upper portion of running shoe and have their own feature of quality.
• The upper portion of synthetic leather is flexible, friction-resistant. Nylon or polyester is the raw product of the synthetic leather.
• Nylon is used to reduce the weight and enhance the breathability. Nylon mesh also used for the same reason. Nylon is a durable material. For this reason, most of the marathon runner prefer synthetic leather running shoes.
• How you will be sure that your footwear is waterproof or not. You can check there is a membrane is bonded to the interior of the linings of the shoe. This membrane will block the moisture to come in, while the feet will be allowed to breathe. By trade-off breathability, it will keep our feet dry in a wet environment.
• Thermoplastic polyurethane overlay helps to enhance the durability and stability of the shoe. You will find This friction-resisting addition in the arch and the heel (Above the breathable shoe panel).
• The collar is foam padding, which helps to hold the foot in the right place. This mainly surrounds the rear and sides of the shoe.
• The front portion of the upper parts is called Toe Box. Toe Box of the running shoe should be roomy enough so that runner can expand their foot.
Midsoles of running shoe
• The midsole is the key component of the running shoe. The midsole has several functions such as it controls the excessive movements, padding the foot. EVA (Ethylane Vynil Acetate) is a light foam that is used for optimal padding capacity.
A solution is used to mold the EVA to make it stronger and more durable. Most of the running shoes use a single layer of EVA. But shock absorption is related with EVA. EVA foam reduces the force of impact which is delivered from your heel and for that reason forward movement becomes harder. Most of the racers and marathon runners prefer shoe with thin midsole.
• Posts are used to enhance the durability of the shoe, and it reduces the pronation. This is the area of firmer EVA, added to crate compress section in the midsole.
• Plates are made of nylon or Thermoplastic polyurethane. It makes the forefoot of the shoe stronger. Trail runners often use plates which protect your foot (specifically the bottom part) when the shoe knock the roots and rocks.
The outsole of the running shoe
• Blown rubber is flexible and soft from the traditional rubber. Air is injected in this rubber. In the forefoot You will find this rubber. Its lasting time is less than carbon rubber but more comfortable than carbon rubber.
• The outsole has a different shape from curved to straight. Curved shoes are not so stable, but the best choice for neutral runner and on the other side, straight shoes are the best choice for overpronators.
• Most of the outsole made by carbon rubber.
Category of Running Shoe That will Help Beginner to Pick The Right Shoe
There are three categories of running shoes, such as road-running shoes, trail-running shoes, cross-training shoes.
Road-running shoe designed for pavement and the using rate is irregular.
This is so light and flexible.Trail running shoe is designed for damaged roads with rocks, roots, mud, and obstacle. This running shoe has extra traction facility and underfoot protection.
Cross-training shoes are mainly designed for workout. This shoe has a thick sole and has more interaction with the ground.
The traction and ultra-protectiveness, motion controlling, three parts of running shoe, and the category of the running shoe will help you to select your running shoe.